This is the industry standard software for working with photographic images. For designing a complete job a few points should be noted.
1) If the image goes to the edge of the page anywhere, make the canvas size 2mm or 3mm larger than the final page size & set up guides to define the page area. Anything that runs to the edge should go past these trim guides and up to the edge of the canvas.
2) Text items or anything else that needs to kept intact should not be positioned closer than 2mm (preferably 3mm) from the page edge guidelines.
3) Make sure the resolution is at least 200dpi at the required image size.
4) Files should not be supplied to us as PSD files. This is because fonts are not embedded & will probably be missing when we open the file. To embed the fonts save as Photoshop PDF files. To reduce the file size untick “Layers” - that should flatten all the images and keep the text as a vector. Best to provide us with a flattened high quality JPG image as well as the PDF file.
5) If no changes are to be made by us the document can be flattened and saved as a TIF or high quality JPG file.